Schwinn le tour

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
001-24.jpg

004-19.jpg

002-19.jpg

Here's a Schwinn I paid $9 for. Notice the backwards forks. I wonder if the previous owner would have ridden it more if the forks had been right.The protective plastic has not been pulled off of the headbadge.It has presta valves on the tubes. I don't think I have an adapter to air up the tires.This is my first bike with the shifter & brake lever combination. :D

Nice, flip the forks and you got a winner. I hate presta valve tubes, I have an adapter but I still can't air them up without letting all the air out.

Why would somebody flip the fork like that is beyond me..lol :roll:

Nice bike, great price! I had to pay $1 more for my recent Schwinn World (something) decals mostly gone, paint real nice.

I actually like presta valves better than the schrader, especially if you run high pressure (80-100 lbs) and pump them up before every ride. The pump comes off the small stem a lot easier than the schraders when you are finished airing them up, not as much air escapes. Forget the adapters, go to wally world and buy a $20 pump with a built in pressure gauge that has a flip deal that fits either one. The prestas don't seem to lose as much air between rides either.

Latest posts

Back