Schwinn Pixie...You guys are killing me.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm officially hooked. I hadn't even completely broken down my first project and I picked up my second bike off CL. It's a bright yellow Pixie that someone nearby had for sale. Turns out it was a friend of my brother's.

Not only did he give me a nice little break on the cost, but he offered up his paint room if I ever need it. He owns a screen printing studio as a side job and the space has an unused paint room from a previous tenant.

The bike needs a minor cleaning and probably a good tune up. I'm hoping to use this as a little project to show my brother how to break down and put a bike back together.

Depending on how much time I have once I get to it, I'm thinking I may strip it down and repaint it as a 'Lil Orange Krate. I've got at least another year until it's going to be used. Needless to say, I can't wait until my son is old enough to ride the thing. As the one picture shows, neither can he!

100_3043.jpg

100_3045.jpg

dude whatever you do, dont strip the original paint off of that thing! its too nice looking to do that too. id say leave it as is and let him cruise it! just a good cleaning and wipedown and he's off!

Easy E

You guys are probably right. I've still got to break it down to clean, degrease, and make sure everything's where it needs to be. I'll probably throw a nice wax on it to enhance the shine. Any suggestions for waxes? I use Nu Finish on my car and that stuff works really well. I figure that might be the product to go with.

Of course, this thing won't see any work for a little while and even after, it's going to be stored for at least a year until my son is big enough to ride it.

Back