Schwinn S7 Tire Size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Schwinn Jaguar with the S7 rim, is it possible to run a 26 x 2.125 on this rim? I ordered a Duro cream brick and I couldn't get the tire to fit. Any advice on this subject would be great. Thanks.

Here we go again. :D

- 2.125 width is the standard ballooner size. Also correct for Schwinn S-2 wheels.
- 1.75 width is the standard middleweight size. WILL NOT FIT Schwinn S-7 wheels.
- 1 3/4 width is ONLY FOR Schwinn S-7 wheels.
- 1 3/8 width is the standard lightweight size. Will also fit Schwinn S-5 and S-6 wheels.

Soooooooo, to sum this up, the S-7 is the only oddball rim. It needs tires that are marked 1 3/4" and will usually be marked S-7. But the key is 1 3/4" IS NOT THE SAME as 1.75".

The_Black_Monark said:
Schwinn X x 1 3/8" are different, too.
For example, 26 x 1 3/8" Schwinn is 597 bead diameter
"Normal" is 590.

I won't argue the point since I don't have anything but person experience. But I've purchased 20x1 3/8 generic tires and they fit on my Schwinn Fastbacks S-5 rims.

Danimal said:
The_Black_Monark said:
Schwinn X x 1 3/8" are different, too.
For example, 26 x 1 3/8" Schwinn is 597 bead diameter
"Normal" is 590.

I won't argue the point since I don't have anything but person experience. But I've purchased 20x1 3/8 generic tires and they fit on my Schwinn Fastbacks S-5 rims.

AFAIK the 20" is the exception with one bead diameter: 451

Schwinn 24 x 1 3/8" 547
Others 540

I've had to cut the tires off of a few schwinns I've purchased. Now I've come into two nice sets of 26" s-7 tires but have no s-7 wheels for them. Nor do I want any :lol:

Latest posts

Back