Schwinn Sprint 3 speed Need Input

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey the neighbor has an Old Sprint 3 speed .... Im guessing 70's somtin ... The dark candy blue color Has the Mag chain ring ... guessing that might help nailing down year model.
Well a long story short, this thing has sat in a corner of the guarage coverd for proably 25 to 30 years. The paint, Grips , peddals & seat have 0 wear on them ... still shinney & it has sat so long the tires are basicly gone. Chrome on wheels is dusty BUT Perfect ....I would be willing to bet it got riden 1 time & that was it.

OK Here is the question.... What is it worth ??? Normaly I walk rite buy these old 3 speeds BUT This one is really clean ... & it has my eye because of that.
She want's $40.00 for it & I don't want to beat her up to bad on the price .

OK OPINIONS JUMP IN HERE >>>>

I thought sprints were 10 speeds, must be an early one... :?

the ten speed one are $100 plus here in norcal... mens are more..

I would think that $40 is a reasonable price, especially if its in good condition (excepting the tires, which are a wear item anyway). I think that I've paid an average of about $38 each for all of the lightweight bikes I have, including 10-speeds, 3-speeds, etc.

Latest posts

Back