Schwinn Stingray Chopper Trash Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My co-worker walked in today and said he spotted a chopper bike set out for trash by the curb on the area's trash day.

Since it was a bout 1/2 mile from my work, I went by there at lunch and picked it up.

It's in pretty shabby condition, 20 inch front wheel and 16 inch rear ---- but it was FREE! :D

DSC02373640.jpg

No plans as of yet, but I do need a 20 in. tire for another bike I have. This one may be good enough.

I found one at the landfill a while back. A little beat up but with a lot of good parts on it. Sold some, kept some & gave some away! Wish I could find another one that way.

After looking at Bodge Deep's full size chopper with the apes. I'm thinking of doing about the same with this little guy.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59410

I think I have a small set of apes lying around, and a mirror like that is pretty cheap at wal-mart.

What if I strip it down and paint it black and go back together with the apes?

Not something I'd want to keep, but I should be able to flip it, get my money back, and have enough left over for a new tire for the other bike.

Think that would work, and make some kid happy?

Latest posts

Back