Schwinn stingray seat not blue anymore

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i need some help-- a bike inam workingnon has a blue seat that has turned a bad black. I have tried a couple of things with zero luck-- any ideas?

I am not sure what happened. I looks like it was left under a tree for 30 years.

I am not sure what happened. I looks like it was left under a tree for 30 years.
So far I have used a vinyl shampoo used in the boat industry for vinyl seats and I have used a product that is like goop GOOP with no successI also used simply green and nothing just blackness

With only your description to go on, along with the three cleaners you've applied, I can only assume that the saddle is, in fact, cleaned. That leaves us with fading/discoloration. The only cure for that would be painting, dying, or otherwise re-coloring the item--one can't simply wipe away damage, and it sounds like that's what you have.

If you think the "blackness" might be some sort of mold, consider treating the area with chlorine bleach. The stuff is pretty good at killing the growth, but I'd expect the cleaners your tried earlier to be effective, too.

Latest posts

Back