Schwinn Stinray Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy's. Just finished up this Stingray Chopper. This thing was a rust bucket and was able to use most of the original parts from the bike. Stripped to metal and had everything bead blasted. Painted the frame in pearl white and all the black is pearl black. Installed a set of ape hangers and a new longer brake cable and a rear tube, but most everything else is original. Also took the seat to my upholstery shop and they re-covered the seat with leather. Took it out for cruise this weekend. First time it has been on the road in years. Hope you like it.

Will be having my pin stripper do blue and black pin stripes all over the bike next month. Will upload further photos when completed......

My son's been riding it around and love's it. The looks that he gets riding it is great

Nice clean bike; better than factory! The black and white color theme gives it the POP, the black wheels and tires gives it the coolness factor - well done!

Hey guy's. Just finished up this Stingray Chopper. This thing was a rust bucket and was able to use most of the original parts from the bike. Stripped to metal and had everything bead blasted. Painted the frame in pearl white and all the black is pearl black. Installed a set of ape hangers and a new longer brake cable and a rear tube, but most everything else is original. Also took the seat to my upholstery shop and they re-covered the seat with leather. Took it out for cruise this weekend. First time it has been on the road in years. Hope you like it.

If you dont mind me asking, Ive been thinking of having a seat of mine reupholstered, do you recall what they charged you for the job?

They charged me $20.00 but I supplied the leather from an Infiniti car that I worked on. Normally might be around $50.00 to $75.00 in leather

They charged me $20.00 but I supplied the leather from an Infiniti car that I worked on. Normally might be around $50.00 to $75.00 in leather
wow, wonder if theyd do mine with a Native American handmade blanket!
Give it that old dodge seat feel :p

Back