Schwinn Streamliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this hanging in a garage, original owner added some upgrades in the 1960's. I searched his garage and located most of the original parts!!!!!
1953SchwinnStreamliner3.jpg
......AS Found.......

Bicycles007.jpg

After a lot of cleaning and reinstalling original parts...........still missing original seat & headlight

Beautiful find! I always liked that jade green. Looks like '55-'56? Nice to see these all-painted bikes that haven't been "upgraded" to chrome parts.

Wow, thats a great find! Go buy a lottery ticket or something, you might be on a roll!

I'm envious. What does the serial number decode to? Also it looks like its an S7 bike? Is that right? I have a 1956 Streamliner that is an original S2 tired bike.

I may be wrong but I think that is the original seat. Headlight was probably a Rocket Ray. Gary

Mister R said:
Looks so weird with those drop bars, I just keep staring...

I like it! It's so wrong, but some how it just works.

B607 said:
I may be wrong but I think that is the original seat. Headlight was probably a Rocket Ray. Gary

I've no idea on the seat, but my Streamliner (same paint) has a white Rocket Ray. I put a Repop Phantom Seat on it to make it even more classier than it already was. The paint scheme just makes that bike pop! To bad it doesn't have a springer.

Back