Schwinn tank ,relabel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't know if this is much of a how to but I will put it out just for the heck of it. I picked up a reproduction cantilever tank from the 90's that had the ugly Schwinn script on it, I didn't know if this would work or not but the Script is printed on the vinyl inserts so, a little paint stripper on a rag will take it right off and I got the decals off ebay for twelve shipped so here's everything but the before shot...oops!
101_9215.jpg

101_9217.jpg

Warm water
101_9218.jpg

Slide onto the tank off the backing when saturated
101_9219.jpg

Lightly pat off the excess water with a paper towel, and make sure everything is straight before you let it dry
101_9220.jpg

And wha la my 54 rat phantom is almost done
101_9238.jpg

Thank you for this. I just picked up a green and cream repro bike and love it... except for the butt ugly schwinn logo on it. I am going to check ebay for the decals now. IN case I cant find'em would you throw a link up to the seller? thx!

I don't understand whythey didn't repro the labels on those tanks. They could afford the tooling, why not the printing dies? Oh well, at least we have the mindset to make what we want. Good job.

Latest posts

Back