schwinn tenspeed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this Sept 1979 tenspeed .
001_zpsbbd7dded.jpg

It should clean up nicely. The tires are even good.The worst part is the decals.I can't tell what they "say".Can any body else tell by the photos? Continental maybe?
003_zps40a3c47d.jpg

It has the front freewheel system and positron shifters.
002_zps7494a677.jpg

I wonder what someone had clamped to the front fork.
007_zpse150c4c4.jpg

I will replace the rear tube, thoroughly clean the bike, and put some miles on it.
004_zps8751aeb2.jpg

008_zps9feba83e.jpg

:D

Thanks! You are probably right. Now when I look at the remains of the decal on the top tube I think I can see C A L I E N T E. Can you see it in the photo?
003_zps40a3c47d.jpg

I have several Schwinn tenspeeds in my collection but this would be the first Caliente.

I rode this bike a little. Apart from being borderline too tall for me , I like the way it rides.The positron shift system works well. I'm almost tempted to put some flat bars and fenders on it.The bike is a low mileage original so I suppose I should detail it out and try to find some replacement decals for it. I know that I have another ten speed stored in my inlaw's barn that has the FF and positron shift system , but I can't remember what it was. Maybe I'll check it out before modifying this one. 8)

Latest posts

Back