Schwinn Traveller III

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this at yard sale for $10.00. I don't really need, or want a 10 speed, but everyone always hypes the Schwinn's, so I thought I'd snag it. I only have one other kids schwinn bike, its a 22 inch(?) anyways, tried to figure out the serial numbers on the web, but need help. Can you tell me what year it is?

78 06 16679

(does this mean june, 1978? or ?)

Bike looks complete, and I can see why folks like Schwinn's, they are made very well! Has many little scratches & dings on it - rides fine!

If someone needs, or would like it, I'd trade it for ??? - but would rather not ship it - I live close to Dallas, TX. Thanks, T.

schwinn_red.jpg

Give us the four digit number stamped on the headbadge....that should tell us the date.

Also, what brand of cranks are on that bike....Super Maxys?

Also, what's the measurement from the center of the bb to the top of the seat tube?

That was a very sweet find for $10 man. :wink:

Looks like a 78 model alrighty.

BB stands for bottom bracket....the hole in the frame that the crank goes through.

If you measure from the center of that hole to the top of the seat post that will give you the frame size.

I do still have the Uncle Stretch frame. :D

78ccpg15b.jpg

Back