Schwinn typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people (including myself) like those frames just because there was a limited window they were made. It was pretty much the entry level (cheapest 26" bike) though, so there were more than a handful made. I know I was excited as all get out when I ran across my first, a week later I saw someone else in the same town riding one to work at the gas station next to my house lol. In that condition you can pretty much do whatever you want to it and you can't hurt the value of it. I ended up selling my frame set for $100 even after I had already spent $ on a decent repaint and decals. I bet I could of got the same $ if mine looked the same as yours looks now honestly. A nice condition original would likely bring more though.

it really is too bad the rear wheel fell apart , nothing was able to be saved - too far gone ... the tire says s7 on them ... a shwinn exclusove i take it ? ..and the front is still holding air , LOL

Yeah, S-7 is a proprietary schwinn "middleweight" thing, rob some wheels from anything else and stick some 26x2.125's on it and go :)

ive got a newer huffy cranbrook i bought to part out - only 1 year old, bought from neighbor and tore it apart, LOL - needed a fork set for something - id hate to use those wheels, but they may do for now .... LOL

Now, i'm even more jealous.
why ?? surely not the huffy wheel set idea - LOL

- i have a buddy who tears down and salvages old barns , when he finds bikes he grabs them for me - i have a garage full of rusy gold , LOL - i love them - wife , well she hates them .. she dosent appreciate "style" - her ride is a big box schwinn cruiser , and once it gets a scratch she will want the newer version im sure

why ?? surely not the huffy wheel set idea - LOL

- i have a buddy who tears down and salvages old barns , when he finds bikes he grabs them for me - i have a garage full of rusy gold , LOL - i love them - wife , well she hates them .. she dosent appreciate "style"
- her ride is a big box schwinn cruiser , and once it gets a scratch she will want the newer version im sure
- next to hers , sits my daily riders - 1968 huffy camaro and a ladies silver jet

yea - i usually have him just get them , we've done well on these auctions - never know whats hiding in these old barns, lest month we found a 1968 CORVETTE UNDER A STACK OF OLD, OLD HAY ....LOL .... since we bought the clean out rights , it belongs to us, we had it hauled home and re-assembled , and now we are looking into a full restoration as the wife is in love with it

photo as we found it

001_zps4031ee17.jpg

Same bike, he can ask whatever he wants, just keep watching to see if it sells at that price though.

Here's one that sold ... a lot nicer paint to hit the $300 mark, plus it has a nice seat that's not faded out. I'm going to guess whoever got this bike might of had some buyers remorse still since there werent any fenders with the deal and you can find completes in this condition for the same $

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHWINN-TYP...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In my opinion the guy is dreaming, and even the ebay link I posted had to be a guy looking for "that" bike, or just had money to burn ... nothing wrong with people making $ though either :D

A good cleaning and then clear coat it. It's the original paint and pin striping.

Do you have the rear hub? It might be useable. Otherwise a 2 speed would be a good hub for that bike.

Anyway you do that bike, it'll be great. The build off is tomorrow.

Read all about the build off tomorrow.........this year will be my 3rd and it is tons of fun!!!!!! You have an awesome bike to start with and we will all be able to see your progress and what this bike turns out to be
And thanks for the barn photo....love those shots

Back