Schwinn year

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given an older schswinn bicycle and Im trying to find out the year on it. I have scoured the serial number charts but cannot find the number. G92592 it is under the bottom bracket I had to scrape off a little paint but can read the numbers clearly and made certain those were the only ones in the sequence. It is missing the front fender.

If it is indeed a Schwinn, then it's pre-'52 due to the serial under the bottom bracket. I know of a few Fs that were verified as '41 so G may very well be early postwar, '45-'46. But pictures would help determine for sure the make/model.

i am not very computer savvy and haven't figured out how to post pics here yet. my avatar thingy is the only one ive been able to get on here so far. I really want to restore it with my son and hopefully before I give birth to my third son in dec but want to use the right parts ect.

Well I set about taking the tires ect off just to make sure there were no other numbers on it that I was missing and there arn't but I did check the bb again just to make sure that I didnt leave out a digit and found that the G is actually a C. So the complete number is C92592. I will try to upload some pics tonight for further Id. thanks yall

888b7fce.jpg
this is the [email protected]

Back