Scooter talk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final phase, "Black Thunder," is complete! Here is a list of the mods I did:
50mm Big Bore Cylinder Kit
Performance Racing CDI (AC Fired),
Performance Racing High Output Coil
Performance Racing Tawain A9 Cam
KEI HIN Carburetor with removable bowl
Performance free flow exhaust
High Flow Air Filter
Windscreen
Gloss black, rattle can paint job
Chrome accent trim
The final phase, "Black Thunder," is complete! Here is a list of the mods I did:
50mm Big Bore Cylinder Kit
Performance Racing CDI (AC Fired),
Performance Racing High Output Coil
Performance Racing Tawain A9 Cam
KEI HIN Carburetor with removable bowl
Performance free flow exhaust
High Flow Air Filter
Windscreen
Gloss black, rattle can paint job
Chrome accent trim

Now, for the next project, it is actually going to be a bicycle, a three-speed for the daughter, she does not like to shift a lot of gears, so ...

Some cool scoots! I've had about every make and model having worked on them for years and running a buy sell trade over craigslist for several years. I still miss having one though. I had a Vento Triton R4 that was fully modded. Big bore, exhaust, clutch, belt, rear gears, CDI, carb, reed valves, everything was upgraded when I got it on trade for a wrecked Yamaha Zuma. It would go 75MPH+ easy. Very fun little scooter.

Some cool scoots! I've had about every make and model having worked on them for years and running a buy sell trade over craigslist for several years. I still miss having one though. I had a Vento Triton R4 that was fully modded. Big bore, exhaust, clutch, belt, rear gears, CDI, carb, reed valves, everything was upgraded when I got it on trade for a wrecked Yamaha Zuma. It would go 75MPH+ easy. Very fun little scooter.
This is my first time ever, tearing into the engine and doing this, so far, it is still running fine. I put 8gram roller weights in, tops out at 50mph, which is fine for me. Will do some more searching on how to do more mods. Thanks for the comment!

Well I can tell you with most Chinese 4 stroke scooters, if it stops running around 2,000 miles it is 9 times out of 10 the valves needing adjustment. They tighten up from running, especially the exhaust side, and then you get a blow off valve like sound through the exhaust and will be really hard to start due to loss of compression (valve staying open). Adjust them every 2,000 miles and you're fine. I've done it more times than I care to count so if you need a step by step totorial just shoot me a PM.

Well I can tell you with most Chinese 4 stroke scooters, if it stops running around 2,000 miles it is 9 times out of 10 the valves needing adjustment. They tighten up from running, especially the exhaust side, and then you get a blow off valve like sound through the exhaust and will be really hard to start due to loss of compression (valve staying open). Adjust them every 2,000 miles and you're fine. I've done it more times than I care to count so if you need a step by step totorial just shoot me a PM.
Whoa, thanks for that tech tidbit, noted and toted!

Back