Scored an AMF

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure of year/model. Chain guard is pretty rusty and unreadable. As a matter of fact, the entire bike with exception of the frame is a rust magnet. Looks to be a Bendix rear brake, but chrome on hub is peeling. Not sure what to do with it. Resto....tires and bearing service and ride it, or just leave it as it is and put it in the yard. Unsure. I got it, and the seat for 2 hours of labor at a friend's shop, helping out with some grunt work this morning.

Lemme know your ideas...

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

Ooooooooooo!! :mrgreen:

I just walked out in the garage, and I spotted this!! It's aluminum. Looks like neighboring county from mine, NCBL-"Northampton County Bike License", PA-Pennsylvania. Sa-weet!

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

Hmmmm.....it appears to be a 1960-61 Roadmaster Saturn. Missing the tank. Not sure though, as the seat has a rail, which it doesn't seem the 60's models had that, rather, only the late 50's models....

Is it me, or are the spokes on this bike [seem] needle thin??? Is that normal? Should I be looking at respoking them due to my weight?

Latest posts

Back