Scored some free bike parts!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice gentleman gave me all these parts for free. 26 inch wheels with schwalbe cruiser tires hardly used. Front shimano dynamo hub with lights. Rear shimano nexus 8 speed hub, front forks, handlebars etc.
20220908_111830.jpg
20220908_111819.jpg

So I saw this bike that was several years old in the local for sale ads that I liked and was thinking about buying. it was a European made bike that I wasn’t familiar with so I started do some internet research on this brand. I discovered that there was a recall on it because of a flaw in the frame design that could cause the frame to break. I informed the seller about it and told him I would like to buy it off him for the parts as the frame was unsafe to use. He didn’t really believe me at first and so kinda gave be the brush off. In the meantime I contacted the manufacturer and they seemed eager to help. I contacted the seller and suggested he should contact the manufacturer to follow up. He contacted them and now he is negotiating a deal with them for compensation. He was so happy about it that he called me and said I could have the parts because he was sending the frame back. I offered him some money but he insisted I take them free as he had no use for them anyway. I will be emailing him a gift card.

What goes around comes around! Very cool stuff. That 8 speed hub? C'mon! The wheelset is an instant upgrade from cruiser to hotrod, just waiting for a bike!

Latest posts

Back