Scrap Yard Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Found these today at the local scrap yard. I asked if they had any bikes and they took me into a trailer with about 10 bikes. They said they sell the ones that are complete to a thrift store but if I wanted they would call me first to buy them and save them having to deliver them to the thrift shop. Yes, I want!!! Only had a few bucks in my pocket so I only grabbed the one Specialized for $10 and saw the GT in a pile on the way out. Scored that for $2. Cant wait to go back!
junk2.jpg

junk1.jpg

Bri-in-RI said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
NIIIIICE Specialized

Sell me the rock ring please :mrgreen:
Already posted the bike on CL...
Nice scores :wink: I seen your post too :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Bri-in-RI said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
NIIIIICE Specialized

Sell me the rock ring please :mrgreen:
Already posted the bike on CL...
Nice scores :wink: I seen your post too :mrgreen:
What did you think of the asking price? Mt. bikes haven't been selling too well for me this time of year. Road bikes and 3-speeds are a different story, cant find them fast enough.

Bri-in-RI said:
What did you think of the asking price? Mt. bikes haven't been selling too well for me this time of year. Road bikes and 3-speeds are a different story, cant find them fast enough.

Lucky you, I got (3) 3 speeds and a few road bikes and I can't sell them at all, I been scavenging parts from one of the 3 speeds and the others have just been sitting in the corner of my shed waiting to be broken down and used for parts. Did find a local guy and fellow member that's into road bikes so maybe I got an outlet for them but they been slow to sell. Around here the only ones that fetch a decent price are Schwinn bikes, trikes, and High end BMX (Redline, Haro, Diamondback, Hoffman, Exc.) and occasionally mountain bikes if they are cheap enough.

I'm looking for an old Rock Ring like the one above on the Specialized, but not at eBay prices. Anyone got a lead?

Latest posts

Back