SCRAPER VID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rickster posted that video last year...we all had a good laugh.

Can't seem to track it down for some reason.

So you get on your bike and try to scrape cars? Is that what I'm seeing. If my sone did that I'd take a hack saw to the bike and then a belt,,well,, I wouldn't be very happy with him.
Thumbs down... :roll:

jtdaddy said:
So you get on your bike and try to scrape cars? Is that what I'm seeing. If my sone did that I'd take a hack saw to the bike and then a belt,,well,, I wouldn't be very happy with him.
i don't think that's what it's about.........

jtdaddy said:
I GUESS I need to "translate". The old cars with the big rims that are lifted or high off the ground are called "Scrapers" ( like skyscraper) So these kids (to young to drive) created the "scraper bike"..

FaceOFFbikes said:
The old cars with the big rims that are lifted or high off the ground are called "Scrapers" ( like skyscraper) So these kids (to young to drive) created the "scraper bike"..

Really? I've only heard them called "Donks" but your explanation makes sense and a song that goes "donkin' on my donkey bike" just wouldnt be cool...

anyway, EVERYtime this video gets posted, i take a minute to watch it, and each time, i laugh.

On the East Coast they are called Donks, but on the West Coast (Oakland CA) they are called Scrapers..

Oh ok.

I was thinking because the pedals scraped.
Pedal Scrapers...
pic001.jpg

Nah..no pedal scrapers in that vid..Ok Scrapers or Donks can be painted with crazy paint schemes..that's why the scraper bikes have the painted sections of there rims..to imitate the cars..One of the rappers makes a reference to his bike rim size..which is usually the same or bigger on the cars..(24 or 26, but up to 30inches)..

FaceOFFbikes said:
Nah..no pedal scrapers in that vid..Ok Scrapers or Donks can be painted with crazy paint schemes..that's why the scraper bikes have the painted sections of there rims..to imitate the cars..One of the rappers makes a reference to his bike rim size..which is usually the same or bigger on the cars..(24 or 26, but up to 30inches)..

I think they call the cars w/ stupid big rims, boxes too. I think it depends on the model and year.

HutchXL24 said:
FaceOFFbikes said:

I think they call the cars w/ stupid big rims, boxes too. I think it depends on the model and year.
Boxes are the late 80's early 90's Caprices (the square looking one) ..Bubbles are the later Caprices (the cop/cab one)..Donks are the older cars.. 70's and so on..

Latest posts

Back