Scrapyard finds....grips!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found two more at the scrapyard, first is this Schwinn Fazer Z. I've had a springer fork laying around I've been saving for the right frame and I thought this would look cool. Also next to it was a beat up next girls bike but it had a nice set of straight spoke wheels so I grabbed it for parts. Didn't bother taking before pics but here's what it looks like except mine didn't come with mags just some chrome coaster brake wheels.
Kinda cool with no chain stays.
image-88.jpg

Here's what I got so far, still got to paint it.
image-89.jpg

image-90.jpg

Re: Scrapyard finds two more

That frame has a shape like a lot of the folding bikes. Now that you have teh apes, throw a super tall seatpost and you have a modern Schwinn Runabout.

That's an idea, I was kinda thinking of a 'nanner seat and make kinda the new stingray Schwinn should have built.

pretty stupid frame for bmx 'from a technical stand point'
But,
it looks real cool for a Crusier/Lowrider/Custom bike.. :)

iven said:
pretty stupid frame for bmx 'from a technical stand point'
But,
it looks real cool for a Crusier/Lowrider/Custom bike.. :)
Yeah I was thinking that too. I was amazed the rear end is still straight. I was actually looking at the possibility of bending it slightly to lower it but I think I'll just paint it and leave it the way it is. Also not having to break the chain to remove it is kinda cool too.

Found another at the scrapyard it looked like a Schwinn ladies skinny tire cruiser but it was way too far gone to be cost effective trying to save it. But I did get some nice Schwinn comfort grips off of it for the whopping price of $1. :mrgreen:

image-94.jpg

image-95.jpg

Latest posts

Back