Scratch built eBobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one of the side distractions that's stealing time away from my buggy build. Scratch built electric moped in an ol' school bobber style. Lithium powered, 84v 60amp sine wave controller, cable style motorcycle throttle, motorcycle rims and tires laced to HD hubs with butted spokes. I'm revamping an old build from a few years ago, still need to widen the battery box for the updated pack, fab some side covers and black-out the new controller to fit the theme.

Attachments

• DSC_0418 800x551.jpg
    DSC_0418 800x551.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0424 800x531.jpg
    DSC_0424 800x531.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0432 800x531.jpg
    DSC_0432 800x531.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 0
  • eBobber 1.jpg
    eBobber 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • MCthrottle.jpg
    MCthrottle.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Started working on the battery cover/door this past week or so. The box already has a piano hinge along the left side, I picked up some .120 x 3/4" flat bar and hammer formed the perimeter frame of the access door. I also fabbed four tabs to secure the door with 10/32" bolts. I bought the bead roller awhile back on sale but haven't had a chance to play with it. I had planned to use the roller during my beach buggy build, but decided to try it out by making a practice panel.

After cutting a blank out of 18ga, I rolled a couple of beads for experience and punched some holes to see how it would look. On my initial test I was a little early coming out of the last turn with the perimeter bead and the center one turned out slightly bent in middle. It's hard to watch your line and crank the handle, I can see why so many people motorize these. Next one will be better no doubt, but I'm happy with the layout. Next, the chain side of the box needs to be widened about 1/2" so it won't compress the pack when I close the access door.

cover 2.jpg

cover 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back