TRADITIONAL Hops and Gnarly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The delta frames would work great for powder coating! Everything is metal so you could clip a ground to it. :nerd:
Question is how would you load it into an oven? 🤣

The racks Dad has have casters on them, so it's easy to roll in and out of the booth and oven. He's been using them for well over 10 years now, and they do the job just fine for him.
20210903_191303.jpg
20210903_201001.jpg

That said, I'm always down to try something new, especially when I don't have a set way to do it in the first place! I'm eager to expirement with paint and painting techniques!
20210723_193059.jpg

I had a bit of a setback with the primer.

The backside of the chainguard was the only surface that I didn't media blast. It was nice smooth metal and I didn't think it needed anything. Apparently, I didn't clean it thoroughly enough to remove the WD40 that I put on it a couple of weeks ago and some of the paint didn't bond.

So I made another trip back to the blasting cabinet. Oh well, lesson learned!

IMG_7647.JPG

Just like the underside of fenders, it's easy to not pay enough attention to the back side of chainguards.

Seems like there’s always something but it must be extra nerve racking with it being somebody else’s bike.
I really don't think about it being for someone else. I work on customer bikes just like I would for myself (i.e. too many hours lol). The only difference is when I have to discuss things that I would otherwise decide on my own.

Just like the underside of fenders, it's easy to not pay enough attention to the back side of chainguards.
I did clean it with a degreaser but I guess I underestimated the power of WD40.

Back