Scwhinn Cranbrook

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't tried to date it yet, but it's pretty new.... got it off Craigslist for $10, apparently, I saw it just minutes after it was posted, emailed the guy my #, and he called me LITERALLY 25 seconds after I hit send on the email... I had it in the hatch of my car less than an hour later:

cranbook1b4.JPG

cranbook2b4.JPG

I have started stripping the stickers off it it. For now, that's about all I'm going to do, as I'm working on 2 more bikes. The paint on this is is really good shape, the chrome decent... should take like an hour to clean it all up, except maybe the wheels. Will post pictures of it cleaned up in a bit...

It is

And I'm a complete idiot... I have absolutely NO IDEA what I put Schwinn in there! Wishful thinking?!?!?!

Here’s what some new bow pedals, black dice tire valve caps, an old seat, and a good hours worth of polishing, cleaning, and sticker removing will do:

after.JPG

I still have some goo on the frame, I plan to pull that off tomorrow. There is also a a few spoke nipples on each wheel and the fender hanger wires that are rusty, but that should clean up when I can take those apart to clean them.

Back