SE Quadandle..Quadangle.. Quadangle project!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked this 84 up with Standing gear fork. :D
16672777.jpg

Awesome frame design! 8)
6e641c70.jpg

29842751.jpg

2667d472.jpg

Has it been re-decaled ? I'm no expert on BMX but I know I've seen "STANDING GEAR" on some of the original quad forks like that one. I'm dfinitely going to need to come visit sometime soon. Went to Eldorado today from Benton even :lol:

Yet to see a picture of one, and the experts on the BMXM all say no they all came with landing gear on them. I can change them thought if i find out otherwise. :D

CCR said:
http://www.mauricemeyer.com/BMX/RobQ/product.htm

Could of just been a nick name back in the day I suppose, I could of swore I've seen Standing Gear decals before though, must have been a custom cuz I sure can't find a pic now :lol:

Some guy on the BMXM has a NOS Standing gear with the box. I think it called it a standing gear. Still said landing gear. I have the standing gear decal made on my computer if I wanted to I could add that for a custom touch. Might make somebody go crazy though, lol :D

Glad you like it. The blue is off from the mags but I did not really try to match the paint to the wheels. Got my seat today. Waiting on the handle bars and grips. :D

quad21_zps12b275c3.jpg

Wheels look great on there, I wouldnt worry bout the color match too much, they never seemed to completely match in the 80's either. Turning out to be one nice Quad !!!

They are 80's Skyways that I am using so I bet they didn't match even then, lol I could have had paint mixed to match them but was matching it to the original paint on the bike that was under the decals. I saw the mags on ebay and had to jump on them being that close. In the sun they look better. The camera also picks up on the paint verses plastic more than the human eye. :D

I made this decal today that says Standing gear instead of the typical Landing gear. What is your thoughts? 8)

StandingGear1_zps15e85c1b.jpg

About finished with this one! 8)

se1_zps5ae56ca5.jpg

se2_zps773ccdd8.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice! I've got an SE Mauler myself. It's a brick but solid as a rock.

Nothing wrong with that. :D

Back