searching..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you lived in the midwest then you would have a better chance of finding a bike of that era at estate sales, attics, barns, garage sales, flea markets, etc. Usually areas where the housing is older and there is still a population of older residents.

I live in a newer area and you'd be hard pressed to ever find a bike of that age for sale unless it was being sold by a collector.

Seems like most of the guys on the forum find stuff via word of mouth or CraigsList. Several people have put up flyers, handed out business cards, spread the word etc that they are looking for old bikes, etc. There's always Ebay, but that will usually cost you a pretty penny.

The biggest word of Advice I could give anyone when it comes
to finding ANYTHING like Antiques..Bike..etc is this.

"Look a person in the eye's when you are shaking their Hand,
and LISTEN to their stories with true compasion and interest.
Even if it's the Lady at the counter at a Sally Ann Store."

when people see the pasion in your eye's when it comes to Bikes..
or they hear it through in the words you Type when inquiring
in an E-Mail, they open up......

ask questions...

I have most of my Luck at The Recycle Depot,
Garage sales
Thrift Stores..

a good trick is The section on Craigslist where people post
Garage sales..
I watch the Postings and when a new one comes up I send them a message and ask about
Old Bikes...most of the time they say that they where not going to sell The Bikes at The Garage sale..but now that I asked..
.....sure....we have one for sale....

keep your eye's open beyond what you see..it's there!

peace,
Kev.

chimichanga said:
Where do you guys find your bikes? For example the iron ghost style bike. Is there any tips or suggestions where I could find a bike like that?

HOWS this :shock: :shock:

IMG_0006c.jpg

pm me iff interested in one [or many]

they are local So Cal...they don't ship 8) 8)

Back