sears bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
older sears bike question

Just picked up an older sears bike. Can you guys help me bust the seriel number ..looking for date and if its a Higgins

seriel 502 46211c 210121

This is not the actual bike but very close. only difference is I have a front spring rack

Thanks

It is Murray built for Sears by the 502 prefix. Sears numbers are tough to decode. Good luck!

From what I've been able to decipher from the old sears parts catalogs, that chain guard was last used on the 1963 model year.

The first number after the 502 sufex indacates the year. It is a 1964 in the case the 4 = 1964 most Murray built bikes of this era can be I.D. like this. Hope it helpes :D

Has to be pre 64 if it has the springer front fork Im sure. The complete serial number can be searched (with periods where tge spaces are) on the searspartsdirect.com website.
Does it say Flight Liner on the chainguard?.
If it resembles this pictured example then it is a flightliner.
But I too am guessing without a good picture.
These are common bikes in the girls painted model. It would be interesting to see the rear hub and rear rack view.

Please post some pics when you can.
Good luck on the year deciphering ...but early 60s Im sure....unless it is a frankenbike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The coding on Murray built Sears bikes, from the late 50s to the 70s, is this. The second #, in this case 46211, is the Sears catalog number. I found this one on a 1965 page, the full # is W6 A 46211N. It's below the top line Spaceliner, described as a "fully equipped middleweight with lots of chrome", and sold for $35.45. -Adam

Back