Sears ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone can verify this bike? All the info I can find leads me to believe it's a Flightliner? Can anybody verify? It has Sears on the chaingaurd, but I know it was made by Murray. I think it had a carrier tray on the back, anybody know if it had a rack on the front? Also, anybody have that broken light piece for sale/trade? I'm not trying to restore it, but my wife really digs the tank and would like it if I could get the light working.....

100_0438.jpg

100_0431.jpg

That's in pretty nice shape, but girls always took better care of their bikes. Looks like the original pedals are in good shape too, and is that a Komet hub? I think you are right, it's a Murray, probably early 60's. I think flightliners all had rear carriers and were a little fancier. Looking at the seat, it might be late 50's.

And I always ask, have you had the tank open? Roll of cash in there? Probably a couple of rav-o-vac batteries from the sixties in there.

Thanks guys! Yeah Widcat, it is a Komet. The pedals are one of the things my wife told me to leave original. Them and the tank, which by the way, I did crack open. No cash, no batteries, just some dead spiders and a dust bunny. I'm sure that might be currency in some country.....
The more I look around, the more I think it is a Jetfire...

I had a couple of those, it's a Sears basic cruiser, same frame as a flightliner. They stopped using the JC Higgins name on their bikes after '63, when they introduced the Spaceliner. That basic model isn't even listed in some of the catalogs, but they made a bunch of them, good parts if nothing else! -Adam

I just picked one up today. No seat and in pretty rough shape, but I like it. Also got a schwinn corvette, both for 40$.

DSCF3115.jpg

DSCF3114.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

And the scwwinn
DSCF3116.jpg

Nice...and thanks for the pics, now I got a good look at the carrier it was supposed to have. Yeah, it may not be a high end bike, but my wife really digs the tank. I like your Schwinn, too. I have a '62 Tiger that has that same front rack. For now.

Latest posts

Back