Sears ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've been reading threads for awhile now and haven't found what I had hoped to find..... I've got an old Sears bike that Im enjoying and want to find out more about it. On thew left dropout are the numbers 502 455020 1479 What do they mean? How do i decipher them? Here's a pic:

When I bought it:

Current sans the new tires:

all the part numbers availible are substitution numbers, while I'm sure they would work, I doubt they look anything like the originals.. :roll:

It's a base version of the Spaceliner, 45502 is the actual catalog #, they generally stamp a 0 at the end. That style frame was introduced inb late 63 as 64 models. I have the 64 cat. numbers, and this one isn't among them, at least in the spring/summer cat. pages. But from the mid late 60s definitely. Bikes with a front rack would have a stem mounted headlight, if any. -Adam

Gonna definatly say it is 64' or newer, because pre 64' (perhaps late 64') they were badged as J.C. Higgins. Cool bike and I dig the coppertone. Mid 60's Murray built, those bikes really had some good lines back then. :mrgreen:

roadmaster said:
Gonna definatly say it is 64' or newer, because pre 64' (perhaps late 64') they were badged as J.C. Higgins. Cool bike and I dig the coppertone. Mid 60's Murray built, those bikes really had some good lines back then. :mrgreen:

Mine is a '64 and looks just like it, but not as nice....

Back