Sears Screamer Coaster Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I figured it was time to start a build thread. I recently bought a 68 Sears Screamer Coaster frame and some random parts. Considering its pretty rare I intend to bring it back to stock. Right now I am still in the parts gathering phase but I am definitely getting there. Heres some pics from when I first got it.

IMG_20151212_210006_045_zpsc3397yey.jpg

IMG_20151212_205945_407_zpsxm7lcnai.jpg

IMG_20151212_205939_197_zpseiwhfape.jpg

Im curious is this the right Sissy Bar? I put a seat on it just so you can see the angle of the top.

IMG_20160104_153724_188_zpsx5djwtss.jpg

IMG_20160104_153645_612_zps0zqgoss4.jpg

IMG_20160104_153518_333_zpsjr2v5qdd.jpg

Glad you started a build thread on this bike, it will be a cool project.

That sissy bar isn't the right one. You need a Bronco sissy bar. Same tube size, but no holes at the bottom and springs mounted on it. I will send some pictures tomorrow of what you need.

Rfeagleye I got the shifter yesterday it looks great. Now just looking for a Murray 16 inch front wheel, Murray 20inch rear coaster, Bronco bar, chain guard, neck and seat. Not too much right lol.

Hahahaha parts turn up though don't worry, you'll find that stuff.

I have the sissy bar you need, sorry I have been lazy about the pictures. I should have a front wheel and tires for it (Carlisle Zephyr Flyte and Paragon Slick).

The neck is just a regular Wald neck, they are on eBay usually. You don't need the tall neck, because the fork is longer.

I've actually seen them on eBay and will definitely buy them. Is the Wald No 4 the right stem or is it a different model? I'm really trying to stay as correct as possible.
How nice is the sissy bar you have? I want to send the springer out to the plater but I'll wait if the bar needs some help too. Also were the springs and clamps zinc coated or chrome also?

The bar I have *should* clean up ok, but if you are chroming other stuff you might want to send it out too. I think it will have some peppering after cleaning.

You'll have to grind the ends of the bar down to get the bottom clamps off, they are flanged (think brake lines) and then the springs and stuff will slide off. The clamps are zinc I believe, or Cad, but not chrome.

Back