Sears Spyder 500 III Need More Info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sears Spyder 500 III thats all I know? See pictures.
I have created a Media Album named: Spyder 500 Dstar4ever
I have searched high and low and cannot find any information on this bike. Can't find even a similiar picture. It has a speedometer on it as well (0164). No serial number. I have been checking periodically throughout the years. This bike even has the original tires, It is dusty and needs to be cleaned however I told not to touch it, apparently it is mint for it's time so we have stored it carefully.
-What Year?
-Is it For a teenage boy? I'm assuming teenage girl by the color however the Balck seat an speedometer is throwing me off. It is a large bike and adult can easily ride it.
-What could be the possible value?
-If it has a serial number, we can't find it. If it should have one where would we find it?

Just trying to find all I can on this bike, my mother has had it for years and years although she is not the original owner. We have spent many man hours trying to find the bikes history.

FYI Bike forums.net sent me here,

Last edited:
Pictures, lots of pictures and someone can help. Many bikes were labeled as different odd ball names. But seeing it can help identify either it or any information available.
Good luck

I have created a Media Album named:
Spyder 500 Dstar4ever

index.php

Are you sure it's a Sears bike? What is the name on the head badge? Is that a giant reflector on the sissybar? It looks like a bike made overseas. It's a cool bike, in great condition!

Well @Wildcat has seen it he's a big one on identifying so your in buissness.
Can also use upload file and post some in thread to see if helps people recognize

index.php

Are you sure it's a Sears bike? What is the name on the head badge? Is that a giant reflector on the sissybar? It looks like a bike made overseas.

yes a giant reflector, I see from all the other bikes it's supposed to sit down by the seat lol.. the front says simpson sears with a double ss

yes a giant reflector, I see from all the other bikes it's supposed to sit down by the seat lol.. the front says simpson sears with a double ss
It's going to be an odd ball.. but I'm sure that reflector was supposed hang high and proud.. it's awesomely unusual..haha.

Try get us a shot of the head badge if possible.

Wildcat could it be Iverson related/Steblar.... That reflector sound like a GB sales pitch if u ever heard of one ..

From what I can find, Simpson Sears is or was stores in Canada, and sold the west German made bikes like the Sears stores did in the US back in the day. It's probably a 60's bike, when the high handlebars and banana seat came into being.

Simpsons Sears was from 1953-1973 so getting closer. For some reason when I upload pic in the thread it is giving me an error. I will place the front plate picture in my media album in two seconds.

Maded in Taiwan

If it's made in Taiwan, then it would be a 70's bike probably.

70's now we are getting closer. It was sold by Simpsons Sears, made in Taiwan. The reflector and Capri Speedometer value alone is approx. 70-100 US. Not sure what to insure this for if we cannot find another like it?

Thank you I will keep looking, this is farther than I ever thought we would get. Two heads are better than one and I really appreciate everyone taking the time for me. I love the passion your members have for these great bikes. I will post anything I find.

Back