Seatpost sizes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I've never been in need of a seatpost before, but I just got a spaceliner frame that didn't have one... and according to the 7/8" post I had, it mics out at .875, and according to my math, 13/16 mics out to .813. the other spaceliner tubes I have all mic out to .845, which is closest to 27/64"... Is this a common seatpost size? Am I just being dumb here?

BrigmasterA said:
... all mic out to .845, which is closest to 27/64"

ummm, thats smaller than 1/2 " i havent seen anything that skinny before on a spaceliner, get a number mixed up somewhere maybe ??

I think he means 27/32"? It could be that someone hammered a 7/8" post in at some point or drilled it out. I don't know what a Spaceliner had for a seatpost originally but Schwinns are usually 13/16", older Huffy and Murrays are 27/32", so there is such a beast as a 27/32" seat post.

Uh yeah... I said 27/64, but meant 27/32. :oops: So 27/32 is a fairly standard size. Good to know... That means I should be able to find one. Anyone got one they wanna sell? :mrgreen:

I have a Rollfast that also takes a 27/32, Ithought that was oddball at the time, I guess not so much now

brigmaster, i think i found an answer to our rollfast seat post blues.i bought a 7/8 to 13/16, seat post bushing,from bikeworldusa. squeezed it together,slid it in the seat post tube. scrounged up a 3/4 seat post,that i didn`t know i had,put a little white grease on it,tapped it in w/ a rubber mallet,put a clamp on the tube and bingo! works great,except i like to use lucky 7 seatposts, for more room! hope this helps you over the 27/32 blues. :D now i`ll go put the duct tape back! :lol:

Latest posts

Back