Seen vs. Saw, which do you say?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all my friends, I am the only one who says "I seen it". They say "I saw it" and always tell me I'm wrong.

So what is right if someone asks you...

"Hey, did you see the new episode of pickers?"

"Yeah, I seen it"

OR

"Yeah, I saw it"

?????????????????????

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...it's just funny to see how angry someone from NC gets when you call them a Yankee. :lol:
Haha, that would be funny to see

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Out of all my friends, I am the only one who says "I seen it". They say "I saw it" and always tell me I'm wrong.

So what is right if someone asks you...

"Hey, did you see the new episode of pickers?"

"Yeah, I seen it"

OR

"Yeah, I saw it"

?????????????????????
I would say "yeah, I seen it" :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Oh man...don't encourage the boy. :lol:

"Yes...I saw it" would be the correct way to say it.

Shoot, I've been saying that forever :roll: My dad even says it! :shock:

Ok...let me put this in my mind.......

I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it,
I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it, I saw it,
I saw it, I saw it, I saw it.

:roll: YA'LL JUT GOT TOO MUCH TIME ON YER HANDS :lol:

It's "I saw"

"I seen" is never correct. There needs to be some form of "have" with "seen" (most commonly, replace "I" with "I've"). Here are some examples:

I've seen a monkey riding a bicycle.
I have seen a monkey riding a bicycle.
She has seen a monkey riding a bicycle.

All correct.

But really, English is pretty complex so it's kewl to made mistakes becuase as ling as eye understood you than everything is grape krate. Another common English confusion is differentiating "then" and "than" as well as "lets" and let's" or "further" and "farther" .....

Oh, and there, they're and their.

Also, many people don't know this but if you use possession with "it," you actually have to get rid of the apostrophe so it's "its" ... The disclaimer at the bottom of the forum does not follow this, lol. It's all good though. :lol:

never really paid attention to someone using seen and saw. the one that always gets me is soda, pop, soda pop, I grew up saying soda then I moved to VA and everyone said pop and I would tell them its soda. I do have a buddy that calls any soda a coke and that just drives me crazy.

schwinnmesa said:
Also, many people don't know this but if you use possession with "it," you actually have to get rid of the apostrophe so it's "its" ... The disclaimer at the bottom of the forum does not follow this, lol. It's all good though. :lol:

Wise cracker. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
schwinnmesa said:

Wise cracker. :lol:

that's funny right there, it basically says that forum opinions don't reflect those of IT IS site owner. :p
Schooled by the school boy!
Love it!

Rat Rod said:
BTW...I have no idea what he was talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick fix, but IT'S outdated. Your copyright is 2012 :p

This is a great topic! I came from Michigan and grew up in Florida. My mom was and is a grammer nut , so saying "seen instead of saw" ain't gonna get it. oop's :lol: The one that really gets her is pronouncing a photo as "Pitcher" vs "Picture". :shock:

The architect who drew up the plans for the addition we are working on called them the Smith Family Edition. Now his mom is the one we are building the house for, she was not too impressed what her college money was earing her. We all had a good laugh expense (get it...)

Back