Sgt. Seths Birthday Army Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My son is into anything Army related so he asked if we could build an army themed bike. He helped with the build, I finished it up and gave iot to him on his sixth B-day.
I got the bones of an early fifties Murray 20" ballooner from another forum member OZ. the wheels and the skip tooth drivetrain are original to the bike. I also dug up a long spring juvenile saddle from my pile and recovered it in black leather.
armybike.jpg

Here is the parts pile after I sandblasted everything.
armybike011.jpg

After a generous application of rattle can green.
armybike008.jpg

Cool Mercury headbadge
armybike007.jpg

Here is Seth standing at attention like a good soldier :mrgreen:
armybike005.jpg

Right on! Someone had better start saving for some killer fathers day presents. Probably the best military cruiser I've seen yet.

Bike came out sweet ! nice job ,you've got a happy lookin soldier thier :D

I am digging the 20" ballooner. Too bad more of those are not around.

Nice job on the build.

Mark, Thats really cool...can't wait till my grandson starts riding. It's so cool working and playing with the kids :mrgreen:

wow That bike is just too awesome! I can't wait until my son is old enough that I can build him something like this. Not to mention this is basically the exact same theme that I am doing for my project chopper, so i can't help but love it. Keep up the great work, your son is one lucky guy!

SimpleMan said:
Mark, Thats really cool...can't wait till my grandson starts riding. It's so cool working and playing with the kids :mrgreen:
Thanks Jeff...It is really cool seeing him take an interest in something besides the Wii Lego Star Wars game :)

awesome! turned out great! i was wondering what had become of this bike?

Back