Shelby Flyer at last

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the hardest bikes to find is a Shelby, in my opinion. I'm talking about an original bike that's not a ton of $$! I won a purple painted Shelby frame a couple years ago from a seller called 'jowlbottle', who kept giving me excuses, that he'd been in the hospital, etc. Then I wouldn't hear anything for a few weeks. I'd email him again, and he'd be all "Sorry, I forgot, my memory is not so good... Never got the frame. I did finally win another frame later on, but it's a long way from a whole bike! Finally, I won this Shelby Flyer! Seemingly original besides the pedals, chain, and tires, it has the funky wishbone style frame. Looks like it had a tank too, and a headlight. The chainguard is aftermarket, it has bolt on brackets, and extra mounting holes. It was once chrome. I don't know the year or the original color. It looks like they introduced this style frame in 1940 or 41, it was the "Safe-T-Bike", with the basket style rear rack. This one looks like a mid line model, with tank, rack, and light(originally), but not the larger duck tail fenders of the deluxe models. It had the neat flush mounted rear reflector too. Of course, the missing pieces will be near impossible to find, but at least I'm a lot closer to a whole bike! ~Adam
SUNP0016-1.jpg
SUNP0017-1.jpg
SUNP0018.jpg
SUNP0019.jpg

Welcome to the Shelby Rat club. Keep us posted on what you do with this one. Congrats!

Back