shelby Flying Cloud

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmw

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a Shelby Flying Cloud badged 3 speed bicycle that also has a low and high shifting lever too.
I really don't know much about bikes and haven't found any info on this bike.
If anyone could help out on the year and any other info about this bike it would be appreciated Thanks.
The only numbers I found are at the bottom of the pedal assembly of bike frame B854491

Lightweights are not as widely recognized or as easily dated as most balloon tire bikes. Based on some components that I recognize I would say no earlier than 1940 and no later than 1948. I would speculate probably 1940 - 1942.

Nice one, got some good goodies on it: very cool accessory spring-fork attachments, good grips.
It's a 9spd? 3spd freewheel on a 3spd internal: L N H on the Sturmey shifter, right?
This was a heck of a bike when it was new.
Do the research before you let it go, some of that derailleur stuff can be pretty good $.

Thanks all for the info on this bike.
It does have the Sturmey shifter that has Low, N, and High
I happen to get this bike at a auction and it came without a seat.
I had no clue what it really was other then it looked like an older bike and no one else bidded on it.
I'd would probably sell it cause I am not really a bicycle person Thanks again

I am not entirely sure of the date of your bicycle, but nearly all Strumey Archer hubs were dated with year, month. That may not be the specific date your bicycle was made, but it will be from that date and within a year of the hub manufacture. I had a Schwinn Traveller from the early 60's that I set up with a similar gearing with a 3 speed internal hub and an external Cyclo brand 3 speed cluster. It was a fun setup. Good luck with your sale - it is a very unique bike.

Back