Sherrif's Deputy Hits Cyclist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an inside job to me, this guy was once a prominent figure and someone in a very high place could have carried out his agenda of termination for reasons we may never know.

yeah, and you might be out of tin foil to make a new hat.

Cop was checking work related email which is what the DA says helped him make his determination to not file charges.

Another sad reminder of the existing double standard. Sadly the law enforcement community can't seem to understand why they get no respect these days.

I am not sure what about this grinds me the most. If you read all the articles, the officer claimed the cyclist swerved in front of him. After the investigation and eyewitness testimony proved that was not the case, the officer admitted that he lied and that the cyclist never left the bike lane. Add to that that the DA's office dragged their feet for months to announce that they were not charging the officer. They were obviously hoping that people would have forgotten about the incident.

Double standard indeed.

distracted driving,texting,talking on cellphone,looking at emails,etc.,is a worse hazard than drunk drivers these days.9 years and many surgeries and i still can't walk right.they should hang that guy from the police station flagpole.

The cops in my town are pretty wild. They speed around town even when not on their way to an emergency. They drive quite recklessly. And we have caught them several times doing illegal things when we are out riding at night. If they want to use their laptops for any reason, it should be while pulled over. Checking one for work is just as dangerous as playing a video game on it.

Back