shimano 3 speed internal hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys i have a trike with a shimano 3 speed internal hub from the 70s from what the bike shops are telling me. when im in 1st gear it slipping and not grabbing the gear. Need help on how to fix this.

Thanks

mail

252951_2055803964715_1533061501_2245516_1940138_n.jpg

It may need cleaned and lubed. I use liquid wrench or PB blaster and saturate the hub, to loosen up the old grease inside the hub, so the pawls grab instead of being stuck in the closed position. I spray a ton of it in there through the shifter opening in the axle after taking out the rod, and where the bearings are on each side. It doesn't always work, then the hub will have to be opened and cleaned out and checked.

thanks guys pb blast didnt work so i took the hub apart and looks like its time for a new hub this sucks 1 ride to the beach and shes down again for he summer :(

kast said:
thanks guys pb blast didnt work so i took the hub apart and looks like its time for a new hub this sucks 1 ride to the beach and shes down again for he summer :(

what was wrong with it? :?

If you don't need a coaster brake I have a 3 speed shimano hub I can lend you to get you back up and running... 8)

Latest posts

Back