Shimano Suicide Conversion Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody has good advice or suggestions on mounting the 3 spd Shimano on my Rat Fink? I had a shifter made up for it already but trying to figure out how to mount the Shimano on the frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/STEM-ACCESSORY-MI ... B001D11ENC

here's what it looks like on my bike

suicide.jpg

I'm more interested in your shifter handle/bottle opener thingy, where'd you get that? To mount the shifter to the frame you could always weld on a piece of handlebar. :mrgreen:

A few years back, we moved into a place that has a 10' built in bar. Not having enough barware to properly utilize it, my girlfriend found a guy on CL selling about 8 crates of stuff - shot glasses, stirrers, coasters, bar tools, jiggers, signs, shakers, etc. Most of the stuff has been sitting in the basement since then, and we only utilized what we needed. When I moved the shifter onto the frame, I was digging around the house looking for a cool shifter handle and came across the boxes of bar stuff. This one fit almost perfectly, a little shaving of the plastic and it slide right on. I have a couple other bar tools that could make for some unique shifters. When I get a chance, maybe I'll take some pics and post them in the For Sale section.

Here's the shifter with the bottle opener part unscrewed to reveal the corkscrew. I might change the screw that holds it on the shifter to a thumbscrew for easy removal.

shift.jpg

Third Rail, thanks for the info this is just what I need. And I'd sure like to snatch some of the bar shifters you may have.

Thanks

So I stumbled on a Bendix 3 spd stick shifter but wondering before I purchase if it'll operate properly with the nexus. I seen a post a while back with someone going to try the same thing but never seen any opinions on the operation. Anybody try this yet?

You mean like this?

bike by Nesto2008, on Flickr

The Bendix works great with the Nexus, after you get it properly adjusted....you can look through my photosteam for more details and updated pics. I've since put one of these on a buddy's Ghostrider and he loves it as well. You won't regret it!

Looks good, thanks for the info. I went ahead and purchased it but went another route with my shifter. I'll post pics soon.

BarnesTO said:
You mean like this?

bike by Nesto2008, on Flickr

The Bendix works great with the Nexus, after you get it properly adjusted....you can look through my photosteam for more details and updated pics. I've since put one of these on a buddy's Ghostrider and he loves it as well. You won't regret it!
I have this same bike,the boney finger, and it was dropped on its side 1 day and my shifter broke, where can I find this shifter setup ? Or is it custom made?

The shifter itself is an NOS Bendix 3 speed stick, also known as the "Archie" shifter because Archie is on the packaging. I used the cable and housing I already had. It took a lot of trial and error, but it's easy once you figure it out. I put one on a friend's Ghostrider in less than an hour. If you want one, looke for a Bendix stick shifter on eBay and make sure it's the long stick version.

Back