Shipping parts..? Tell us how you do it.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give us the scoop on how you guys ship parts..

1. Take the part off the bike
2. Acquire a suitable cardboard box
3. Install previously removed part into the freshly procured box, make sure to use lots of padding!
4. Seal the box... very important
5. Address the box so that it goes where its supposed to.
6. Take the box to your local shipping outlet, pay the man, and leave the box.

pretty simple really, now if your talking frames, or whole bikes... speak with the site owner Rat Rod, he's the shipping king :wink:

Ratfink1962 said:
1. Take the part off the bike
2. Acquire a suitable cardboard box
3. Install previously removed part into the freshly procured box, make sure to use lots of padding!
4. Seal the box... very important
5. Address the box so that it goes where its supposed to.
6. Take the box to your local shipping outlet, pay the man, and leave the box.

pretty simple really, now if your talking frames, or whole bikes... speak with the site owner Rat Rod, he's the shipping king :wink:

ha haha ha..May be I should have stated ..Like shipping Rates..? or when people ask how much to ship to bum fudge Egypt...rub my crystal ball...? or go to ups with the package to determine the size and weight and price.. Then email the person back with a total ..Thats to much like work.. :lol:

I have stopped getting exact quotes for people, I never hear from them again. If someone I have not dealt with before wants a bigger item like a bike, I just tell them once the bike is paid, then I will crate it and get exact price. I will not crate a bike just to get a shipping quote again. They want a $100. bike then bail because shipping is $44. and I'm stuck with a crated bike. On smaller items it is pretty simple to guesstimate 6-10 dollars or so. I also find it much easier to advertise and sell an item as SHIPPED (for instance a seat I want $30.for I advertise as $45. Shipped). if it cost 13 I win, if it cost 18, the buyer wins. SAVES A LOT OF TIME.

Also for packages under 10#, USPS is by far the easiest and cheapest.

It seems like shipping cost as much as the part is worth..Example a 10 or 15 dollar seat cost about the same to ship...?

Ive been buying/selling online since 99/00ish.. I have only had a few items that got messed up during shipping. I have a fedex account so I ship bigger items with them and smaller items USPS.

This scooter cost $23 to ship from KC to Cali (boxed/bubble wrapped)

shipped.jpg

Back