Shock ease ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I just got a shock ease springer (i guess) fork and am still waiting for the frame I'm going to run it on. Looking at it I don't know if I totally get it. Seems to me the spring in the fork just holds it together and the bushing "eases the shock". Am I on the right track?
If anyone has rolled one I would love to hear your thoughts on them.Thanks :D .

Well my opening post was a bust but maybe pics will help. I believe this is a Shelby but not sure.It has a Shock Ease springer. I have a nicer one I will be swapping in.Any info would be awesome. Serial# on BB is P712444.Thanks :mrgreen:
DSCF10011.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

I've got one of these and like many early shocks it works only if the axle moves forward and out on a bump. The front of the fork pivots at the top of the fork where the struts come together at the knuckle, pulling on the spring in the steerer tube. Almost completely opposite of a modern suspension fork.

I run one on a prewar Hiawatha. It works fine and I am 200lbs. On the negative side, the springs can be a little soft for adults. And there is a rubber bumper under the fork that gets flattened with age. I replaced it with a cut down piece of urethane, made up a bolt with a longer thread so that I could put more preload into the spring and off I pedal. Eventually, I will swap out the spring with a heavier one or a urethane replacement...but it works good as is...just pogos a little on the steeper hills when I stand to pedal.

Cool. Thanks guys. Good tech tips (I can't imagine it would pogo more than my beehive). I planned on switching out the rubber. I had heard mixed reviews on it but I love the lines on this one. Anyone know if they made a tank for this? :mrgreen:

I just picked up a Western Flyer 26" ladies cruiser with a shock ease fork too. I'm trying to figure out what how much this bike is worth.
western1.jpg

Numbers on the bottom read " S76282 7 P611557 "

Back