SHOW ME YOUR WORKSPACE / SHOP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've got half a two car garage to work in...the other half is where the wife's vehicle resides most of the time.

shop2b.jpg

shop1hv.jpg

shop3x.jpg

shop4b.jpg

shop6.jpg

shop5w.jpg

Super clean workspace Steve! I am impressed. I'm too embarrassed to show you mine! :oops:

Don't feel bad, this neatness thing is part of my DNA. I have no peace in cluttered unorganized spaces so I have to do it to relax...ha ha.

Would love to have the work spaces you guys do, but we make do with what we have...
This is my work space, I have to work late in the day lately, due to extreme temperatures so this shot was taken by my wife about 10:30 one night... Thankfully temps have evened out a bit so I can work whenever now, I dont work at all in winter though, that is the time I stay warm inside and do slot cars and models... :wink:

P2088769 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

arpicker said:
Drool... :shock:
Sadly I don't have my own work space at the moment, but I get to use my dad's shop. I'll post pictures soon.

Definitely lucky, I grew up messing around in my Grandpa's shop, but he definitely put the fear of God in me about leaving things out or loosing his tools. Funny thing is now I have a lot of his old tools in my shop, and the big roller box was a gift from my Grandpa to my Dad, now I have it. Moral of the story, take care of your dad's stuff! Ha.

Harvest Cyclery said:
arpicker said:
Drool... :shock:
Sadly I don't have my own work space at the moment, but I get to use my dad's shop. I'll post pictures soon.

Definitely lucky, I grew up messing around in my Grandpa's shop, but he definitely put the fear of God in me about leaving things out or loosing his tools. Funny thing is now I have a lot of his old tools in my shop, and the big roller box was a gift from my Grandpa to my Dad, now I have it. Moral of the story, take care of your dad's stuff! Ha.

My brother gave me his old roller box, but I haven't moved any of my stuff into it yet.. I'm still trying to get my dad to just let me clean out a corner of the shop to use.

yeah, but its a single stage, so it runs alot when i'm blastin and i only push about 80-90 psi. need to get a 2 stage compressor.

Thought I would post some photos of my workspace in the basement. It works but someday I would love a garage or pole barn... something on ground level because it's cool till you have to haul a heavy cruiser or tandem up the stairs :lol: but it is a heated basement so it works nice for the michigan winters :) but yeah it has taken over... quite the sickness haha!

on the way down
DSC07576_zps819d026d.jpg

my bmx corner
DSC07602_zps8bb149bc.jpg

parts pile
DSC07603_zps79233375.jpg

DSC07605_zpsa6d9a719.jpg

DSC07606_zps9184d845.jpg

DSC07608_zpsde3b9da1.jpg

DSC07609_zps7e78b618.jpg

DSC07610_zpsb98a6955.jpg

work area
DSC07611_zpsfebd2c54.jpg

work area
DSC07612_zpsc4bb1d90.jpg

work area
DSC07613_zps91610bdd.jpg

Harvest Cyclery said:
Just moved my work area to be closer to the window. Lot easier to stay motivated when your not hiding in the shadows.

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg
This aint my space, wish it were, say wheres Buffalo Bill, and was that a giant deaths head moth that just flew by....
it puts the lotion on the skin, it does this whenever it's told.

OWow and to think mine was big enough.....not compared to some of you guys. And so organized. That is my downfall....organization of my tools. I am constantly looking for that one wrench.
Started out on the back porch, before the addiction hit me.
Then the 1st shop, a 10x15 plastic shed, which just got too small, so I built a 12x20 with a loft. Still have run out of room, so I reclaimed the plastic shed back from the wife.

From this

attachment.php

To this

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then to this

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php