Show Us Your Art! (and other art talk)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Buddy...that was way cool of you to say that!
I went to the Nassau County Museum of Art with my daughter a few years back, as she is/was an
aspiring artist. There was a "painting" on one of the walls and I will attempt to describe it.
The massive white canvas was at least 30' wide and 15' tall, mounted from high ceiling down.
There was a painted 4" wide brown line about 2' from the top going left to right (right to left? lol)
about 10' long. A black 2" line that crossed the 4" line at the right end. A random splotch of paint
in the left corner somewhere. and another thin line of paint. I looked up at this "creation" and studied
it for a few minutes. A man approached me and said, "Ah, you understand this piece, don't you. I can
see it in your eyes." Yes. Yes, I understand. This is clearly money laundering at it's best, or worst. There
is no other answer to such a waste of good canvas. I would use this as a tarp for firewood. The man
was notably stunned and snuffed with disgust, turned on his heel and walked away abruptly. Yeah. Art.
Eye of the beholder and what-not. Oh, wait, were you the artist? Oops. Sorry. It's subjective! :bigsmile:

Now, don't get me wrong, because this guy is there and I LOVE him.
I mean, who can't see the art here? Love this guy.
1724943663648.png

And this lady on the bicycle is nice too,
for obvious reasons.
1724943781259.png

And this one... goes without saying... ahem, Captain? Yes, art!
1724944191135.png

Ive been surrounded by art & artists pretty much all of my life...Mom worked at the Memorial Art Museum in Rochester, NY & my wife & I like to frequent art museums...the one in SATX is pretty awesome!

My Mom met Vincent Price when she worked there, apparently he was a collector, but I can't remember. I was like 10. I got all kinds of mad at her for not getting him to sign an autograph for me... :rolleyes: That I DO remember! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back