Show us your home built bike stands!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am looking to build some basic bike work stands and maybe display only stands using a collection of old wheels and tubing I have ......I'd be interested in seeing how you guys attached the bike to your home built stands.

I'm thinking a concrete filled auto wheel, a vertical pipe welded to it and bent to keep it out of the way of the pedals, then, at the top a 90 degree bend or fabrication and either two padded and spaced out hooks or some sort of clamp arrangement.....Possibly the concrete in the car wheel might be replaced with sandbags so it is easier to move.

I have a nice Park stand for my own use but would like a few more stands to hang the bikes from in the house and also possibly make a couple to sell at the flea market. I've got access to welder, torch, saws, etc.

Thanks!

I tried a set screw with no luck. Ended up just drilling a hole all the way through in two spots. can be vertical or horizontal. I am sure I will use it as a seat post clamp 90% of the time anyhow.

Latest posts

Back