Show Your Monark!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I want to see your Monark weather it be a boys bike, girls bike, super deluxe, original or RAT. I'm thinking about buying on and want to know the best way of ratting or restoring it. So post up all the pics you have of it!!

Thanks,
Tyler

Here is my men's Monark
ee7d6ae4.jpg

And here is a ladies I had for a brief while before parting it out.
684b6008.jpg

And here is a Huffy built Monark I had for a while.
2010-03-30075422.jpg

Of the 3 mens Monarks I have seen lately, all of them had broken the joint where the seat tube enters the bottom bracket, so look closely when shopping for one.

Heres my ratty '48 Super Deluxe as it was when I got and as it was last summer......I have the rest of the correct parts for it now but no immediate plans for restoration. Mine is supposed to have the pedastal light instead of the train light...I have one for it now. My wife says it looks like a circus bike with all of the colors...suits me fine :mrgreen:

Monark Rocket, former "yard art" from down the street. New wheels,tires,fork,seat and front fender distressed to match rear....added skirts,lights,rack
100_1341-1.jpg

100_1339.jpg

also added a ladies :oops: Monark sprocket since pics..

Not so ratty but cleaned up for my niece in Mich.
dscf1929.jpg

By xc204

I just sold this green one for $200 plus a Pentax camera. I'm a Schwinn guy and this one looked like an orphan in my collection.
DSC03244.jpg

This is my Monark rat. Found the frame in a ravine behind an abandoned farm house. I washed the frame with soap and water and cleared it. It rides really nice. Gary
DSC03578.jpg

B607 said:
I just sold this green one for $200 plus a Pentax camera. I'm a Schwinn guy and this one looked like an orphan in my collection.
DSC03244.jpg

This is my Monark rat. Found the frame in a ravine behind an abandoned farm house. I washed the frame with soap and water and cleared it. It rides really nice. Gary
DSC03578.jpg
So COOL!

What are the chances of this happening. I just got myself an old Monark which i HAD big plans for and now...... Once the hubs are skimmed and nickel plated and laced into some 26" Surly Large Marge rims and come up with a cool colour scheme i might take another look at it. Just remember these are old bikes and you just do not know what's under all that paint!
O-SVeiw.jpg

The Johnny Cash bike i bought
Doh.jpg

Doh!
Doh2.jpg

Doh!
Doh3.jpg

DOH!!
Doh4.jpg

Double Doh!
May the Force be with you!

One of my favorite bikes, a 39ish Rocket:
adamtinkererscollection006.jpg
May clear coat this 'un and put a proper seat on it, but likely never restore it. Also, a 50s lady Rocket:
adamtinkererscollection2002.jpg
And, a Monark built J & R Flyer, the only one I've ever seen! :
adamtinkererscollection002.jpg
I have a sweet Super Deluxe I bought from Monster metal earlier this year, sans wheels. It was "supertone" originally, (2 tone red), but was repainted green. I scraped the paint off the chainguard, and the og paint and decals are sweet! Sadly, no pics yet. :( Or pics of the other SD frame and ladie's Deluxe (apart) I have. -Adam

1953. Just found the chainguard I need. Light is obviously not original. But still looks cool, especially once I age it.

002.jpg

Latest posts

Back