Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some more of mine

Garage sale stingray, late 70's with 67 bars (And probably guard)

Photo0298.jpg

67 Hawthorne 3 speed

haw4-1.jpg

Custom 50's Schwinn straightbar stingray project

Photo0056.jpg

Group shot

Photo0203.jpg

This one of my latest scores.I saw it and couldnt leave it.Would this be considered a girls muscle bike? I would love to weld in a top tube and roll this thing with a bright red paint job!!

jayneescomp07450.jpg

Hope it's okay that I am a.) returning after having not posted for something like 3 years and b.) dragging up a thread that has been dormant for a couple of months. But I recently renewed my interest in banana seat goodness and dragged out a project that has been collecting dust for a LONG time:

got this at my LBS years ago. it had mismatched bars and seat on it at the time.

rossfrm01.jpg

put it together with a few BFK parts, a few things i've collected that were laying around, and the drivetrain from a $10 thrift-store 20-inch MTB:

apollo08.jpg

i always wanted a 5-speed muscle bike, and now i got one... 8)

these are also stashed in the shed or basement:

three BFKs with new personalities--late fenderless, early deluxe, and 70's BMX conversion

3raysall.JPG

the bike that got me back into musclebikes as an adult--store-badged Ross Polo girlie bike (and that's my daughter riding it about 5 years ago)

poloride02.JPG

Sears Spyder made by Huffy with mismatched parts all over it. still have it around in pieces, thinking about resurrecting it...

PICT0184a.JPG

yard sale season is coming, gotta start looking for more... :roll:

--rick

Thanks ratina. I have actually owned more than 150 and wish I still had them all. I'm not sure which bike I miss the most. The 68 Sears Screamer, the yellow 69 F5 Eliminator, or the nos 70 F3 Eliminator. I rode them all at least once or twice. Was always scared to break them being 200lbs or so, but what memories they brought back. Kenny.

Lot's of great bikes, I hope to have a Murray muscle bike some day.

Two that I would like to get done some day when I have enough money to do them correctly.
PICT1148-1.jpg

PICT1149.jpg

PICT1131-1.jpg

Here are some of mine..

1969 NOS Murray F3 24x20" Wheels
eliminators001.jpg

1968 Westernflyer Buzz bike.
eliminators014.jpg

1970 Murray F1 Eliminator
MKII027.jpg

1970 Murray F3 Eliminator
MKII031.jpg

1969 Federals F3 Eliminator
GreenF3001.jpg

1970 Gambles Sidewinder V F5 Eliminator
Gambles004.jpg

1968 Murray F5 Eliminator
1968F5Eliminator2010015.jpg

1969 Murray Streeter F5
MKII036-1.jpg

:shock: those are perfect, they sure did have great bicycle paint colors back then, the same with automotive paints.

Heres my 10 speed sears spyder. I bought this thing because I thought the shifter looked cool. Then decided to restore it. I wound up paying more for the ramshorn handlebars bars then I did for the bike! What are you gonna do? :) I couldnt find replacemet handles for the shifter so I made my own out of figured maple and ebony I got from work.
IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Back