Show Your Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike I built for a friends daughter. The seat, grips and tassels are all matching leather. The “flower” is mounted in the middle of the sissy bar.

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    660.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4022.jpeg
    IMG_4022.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The valve knob flowers are a neat trick. Steam punkd'. :cool:
Thanks, I actually made a bunch and sold them at a friend’s flower shop.

Awesome bike! Do you have more?
This is my current WIP, the rest are basket cases.

.... it’s not uploading, but I upload it to my new member thread. I was trying to figure out a way to link it but couldn’t.

IMG_0472.jpeg
Got it here it is.

I showed this bike in the previous post but I had to post again and give props. I'm a devout Schwinn guy always wanted a Stingray as a kid and a Cruiser as a teen. I didn't get either until later in life. This Rollfast was one I wish I did not part with. This Is "OG" or as I called it "Obscene Green the Wheelie Machine" I always had to be careful on this one as my adult weight would lift the front tire off the ground even if you didn't intend too. It was like a funny car, when racing my kids the front end would come up off the ground out off the start for the first few pedals until I got it under control and left them in the dust. I miss this one.
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg

This is another one I used to own but I moved it down the road. It started out as a lowly 1965 Fleet 20 inch with fenders, small low cruiser handlebars and a Jr. S seat. It is a short frame like the early Stingrays and the later Jr. Stingrays. I had it set up with S-2 two speed blue band rear and a S-7 front , a high loop sissy bar with a deep tufted Stingray seat and first generation Stingray ape hangers with my favorite a set of white chubby grips. It was a fun bike and the slimline tank really set it apart from other shorty Stingrays. Being a shorty it also would lift the front tire and dump you on your ... if you were not paying attention. I kinda miss this one as they do not come along often. I sold just the frame , fork, tank and guard. The other parts are destined for other builds.
IMG_1439.jpg
IMG_1439.jpg

Last edited:
I love Friday, here is some progression shots of a 1976 Stingray frame and fork I had and built it up in a few different ways starting with the chopper. I have had all 3 size Stingrays '63-'65, '66-68, '70+. This latter of these is my preferred style the longest frame and 46 tooth sprocket. I'm a taller adult, as a kid I don't think I would have noticed a difference until I dumped myself backwards onto my ... riding a short frame with a 36 tooth
IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
. This one went to a good home.

I love Friday, here is some progression shots of a 1976 Stingray frame and fork I had and built it up in a few different ways starting with the chopper. I have had all 3 size Stingrays '63-'65, '66-68, '70+. This latter of these is my preferred style the longest frame and 46 tooth sprocket. I'm a taller adult, as a kid I don't think I would have noticed a difference until I dumped myself backwards onto my ... riding a short frame with a 36 toothView attachment 261375View attachment 261376View attachment 261377. This one went to a good home.

Indeed it did!

p5pb24140805.jpg
p5pb24140804.jpg

Thanks Buddy

IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0871.jpeg
IMG_0946.jpeg
Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?

View attachment 262014View attachment 262015View attachment 262016Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?
The Sturmey Archer 3 speed will gave a date on it.

IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg
It is a 333 hub and I don’t see a date. No date on the badge either. The front hub says Mark 80 made in USA. I got a better pic but I don’t know how helpful it is. Early 70s seems about right.

A little lady muscle this Friday morning. and I do like muscular ladies. Here is a 1969 Fair Lady in blue I dressed up with a banana seat and ape hangers. The second belongs to my daughter, I bought it for her before she could ride. It is a one year only color Burgundy 1972 Fair Lady with factory banana seat and ape hangers. I added the white walls to both as I really like the look especially against the vibrant Schwinn colors. The blue one moved on down the road but the Burgundy one is a permanent member of my stable.
IMG_1753.jpg
IMG_3013.jpg

Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?
8 = 1968. I believe W = (built for) Western Flyer

View attachment 262014View attachment 262015View attachment 262016Here’s a great Buzz Bike I picked up recently. It’s in excellent condition and is all original. Just needs the rear tube replaced. I don’t know too much about these Western Flyer bikes. This one is Huffy built, I think. I can’t tell anything from the serial number, it’s not a Huffy number. Any guesses on year on this one?
Looks like 8H, making it a 68 Huffy made bike. It looks like it was stamped off center and they tried to correct it, it is separate from the sequence number.

There's no BMA6 decal on the seat tube, so it's before 1971. Here's a 68 Huffy:
1714512762026.jpeg

Last edited:
8 = 1968. I believe W = (built for) Western Flyer

Looks like 8H, making it a 68 Huffy made bike. It looks like it was stamped off center and they tried to correct it, it is separate from the sequence number.

There's no BMA6 decal on the seat tube, so it's before 1971. Here's a 68 Huffy:
View attachment 263660

Looks like it’s a ‘68, Huffy built. Thanks guys for the expertise. I really like this bike. I need to fix the tube and take it for a spin.

Latest posts

Back