Show Your SpaceLiners !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 64 Spaceliner

bighit said:
If I could only find a tank for mine. You are very lucky to have one. If you ever find another let me know.
sure will ,my tank still needs some work. a light sanding and paint,also a lens,i hear they are hard to come by,i'am always on the look for Spaceliner parts,we have a few big swap meets coming up in the Dallas area.i still need a rear fender reflector and a light for my rack

Re: 64 Spaceliner

bighit said:
At the last big swap a guy right in front of my buyer scooped one up for 250. Almost mine, I had 4 guys looking for one.
wow..crazy $$$ on these bikes & parts,i got a great deal on the complete bike,so far it's been a easy clean up,

nice pics thx for sharing. Mine has no tank as well.. was told it was a space liner? anyway,I wondered what bracket was on my down tube can you post some more pics of the tank , I just found a rear rack.. what year is yours?

spacelineretcbikepics014.jpg

thx

Here's my ratty custom!

0822091941a.jpg

and cant for get my wife's b-day surprise !

fullsidespace.jpg

kinks said:
nice pics thx for sharing. Mine has no tank as well.. was told it was a space liner? anyway,I wondered what bracket was on my down tube can you post some more pics of the tank , I just found a rear rack.. what year is yours?

thx
your is def a S/L looks great!,i believe mine is a 63 hence the springer frontend,after i took the picture , i took the tank off and "split" it apart (molded in 2 pieces)to try a minor resto on it,i'll post some pics tonite before i redo it ,it wraps around the headtube then i think it just snaps on with a small chrome retainer around the downtube(which i do not have)holding it tight, i will have to use something in its place,it almost looks like a small chrome napkin holder :idea: :roll:

You have seen it before, but it is a Spaceliner, so here it is again.
My RRBBO4 bike the Starliner.
strlnr064.jpg

strlnr068.jpg

kinks------here some tank pics,a top shot / rh side-(SEARS in black letters with white background in the oval,which i will make with a label maker) and then all apart,the long strip slides on the top to help hold it together(chrome edges with a black center)and the switch which i will touch up and use some chrome foil,it will not be perfect but it is a start, wait ! except for the lens and the electrical part ,DANG IT,! mines missing.............................anyone?................anyone? ha,ha :lol: [img]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz260/wacowacko/Picture033.jpg[/img] [img]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz260/wacowacko/Picture034.jpg[/img] [img]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz260/wacowacko/Picture035.jpg[/img]

great pics... thanks so much... not sure on the lens, but could you use an acrlic picture frame , i seen the clear frames and Walmart, looks like soem cutting and maybe so light heat might be able to make one? Good luck

[quote="thekid"
Nice rides, would like to see those crusing around my neighborhood![/quote]

thanx "the kid",what area are you from ? :) by the way my wife's bike was missing the lens so i cut up a old pair of safety glasses and made one :idea:

snake0172.jpg

Great looking Spaceliners fellow Rodders....I am still learning on transfering pictures but when I get it all together I will show more angles of my 'liner'. Keep on riding. :lol:

bik0044.jpg

bik0013.jpg

bik0033.jpg

bik0072.jpg

Here are some additional pictures of the lighting system I made for the 'liner'.

Keep on riding.....

slowly but surly ,tank is sanded and ready for paint,the front wheel is polished with a new 26x1.75 whitewall mounted [url
Picture096.jpg
][/url]

Back