Silver King and a something

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day i was at a friends shop. He has lots of junk. I asked if he had any old bikes . He said he had a couple and a frame. I saw the Silver King first and it looked complete. Then I saw a frame with a tank and a frontend. He said he would take $80 for both. I loaded them up. I still cant believe i was in the loading stage before I noticed the Silver King was a girls bike. Should be a Silver Queen shouldnt it. Anyway it has spots where the chrome is gone on the frame and most of what is there is rusty. I broke a bolt off the springer on the other one ,so thats drilling and easyouting to fix. I still dont know what I was thinking. I guess i want old bikes like everybody has .oooops
g.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

ok you need to learn the code!lol
no old bikes down there huh?
the green one looks to me whats left of a western flyer x53
http://nostalgic.net/arc/bicycles/1958% ... 20X-53.jpg
the tanks is worth a couple hundred maybe
I had an x-53 and it was missing the tank guard and springer which are all the high dollar parts to make them
so I sold it

Hooch said:
ok you need to learn the code!lol
no old bikes down there huh?
the green one looks to me whats left of a western flyer x53
http://nostalgic.net/arc/bicycles/1958% ... 20X-53.jpg
the tanks is worth a couple hundred maybe
I had an x-53 and it was missing the tank guard and springer which are all the high dollar parts to make them
so I sold it
Yeah Im pretty sure that is what the headbadge said. The tank looks good on one side and has a bunch of rust pin holes on the other. I got that tray thing for the back ,but no pipe part. The springer neck tube is bent . I have fixed them before. Its an ugly frame anyway,and it wasnt anything i would clone. I just bought them so I would have old bikes to hang around so it would look like I knew what I was doing. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5763

Your "something" is, I believe, a Monark. Check mine out.....yours is a later model with the newer style tank( Im building one now). Same chainring and rear rack without the bars. Identical frames. mid '60's if I'm not mistaken. Nice bikes!

rz94 The Silver King is a Huffy. They probably all use the same style stuff back then. I saw yours and it is really nice. I may do this one like that since the chrome job is pretty much shot. Maybe go with powder coat if i really decide to mess with it. For right now it looks cool hanging in my garage. :lol:

:shock: That's $80 well spent! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: That kinda deal makes Hugo sad! :cry: :cry: :wink:
L8 EM

It's funny seeing a reflector on the seatpost of that vintage bike. Great bikes for $80.

Back