Simple C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys
my name is heiko and I'm from germany...
sorry for my bad english, but 1 picture says more than 1000 words, right? :wink:

here is my ride:
its a Simple C, with an 40 years old 3 speed hub and centrix shifter.
kcimg8485hv0.jpg

kcimg8480vw6.jpg

kcimg8228kf7.jpg

greetz
heiko(pei)

wow :shock: normally i'm not sure how much i like stretched bike but that thing is sharp! that shifter is awesome.

is that a brooks saddle? i think i have the same one, i love it :D

NICE RIDE!... You guys, in Germany, have some great bikes! 8)

thank you so mutch...

its a lepper saddle, but as good as these from brooks (and very expensive :roll: ) these black one is more than 10 years old and it's the most luxurious saddle I ever ride!
kcimg8229dd8.jpg

cu
heiko

Outstanding! Does the frame flex much? Cool spokes. Could you please post a closeup of those spokes.

Beautiful bike, it reminds me of the Elgin Twin Bar...Kelly

hi...
thanks for your questions :D
here are some pics from the treeroots spokes :wink:
sccimg7098dd9.jpg

sccimg7102vj7.jpg

I twisted the spokes myself and its not so difficult to do it...the only one to take care of: you have to twist them 2 times...you know what I mean? :roll:

now to the frame: the frame doesn't flex appreciably and I think its one of the best and coolest designs from tOm
:arrow: http://www.3d-custom.de

sooo, take care by taking roots :mrgreen:
heiko(pei)

There's a little diference between the "flowers" and the "straight twisted" lacing, it's not all the same. "Here comes the lacing inquisition!" *

The "flowers" lacing is two separate half turns, while the "straight twisted" lacing is one full turn in the middle. Many years ago, all the kids at the mountain bike shop wanted twisted spokes and they rode the heck out of those wheels without problems. I've had a twisted spoke wheel for many years and it's still running fine. I used to see twisted spokes all the time on old Mountain Biking UK magazines and those guys were extreme. I say that durability/reliability is not a problem, especially for cruising purposes.

Hugo
* Monty Phython reference, anyone?

Wonder if my bike shop could do that with an s-7 rim.. hmmm.

That has to be one of the coolest "stretched" style bike I've seen... very nice lines and I have to admit I'm more than a little tempted to try the twisted spokes myself.

Back