simple 'n suede

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well the cats outta the bag on this one so i guess i might as well post it now.......
heres what i started with...
38 zep in house paint(thanks to olschbp :mrgreen: )
zep001.jpg

after 2 days of color sanding and compounding
zep.jpg

then discovered that there were a couple of bad spots in the brazing(was forewarned that that might be the case)
so she lost all her clothing :cry:
pinsandzep001.jpg

now shes been shot with some dp90lf and gotten some of her finery back on...
stripesandzepscallops006.jpg

stripesandzepscallops008.jpg

stripesandzepscallops009.jpg

and awaiting a little more(still have to do the seat tube and pinstriping)
but she'll be rolling for the ride this weekend :mrgreen:

sexy those stripes are way better than the ones i did on terry's world. well done

well...she got to go out on her first shakedown run yesterday and gotta say im quite pleased with her :mrgreen:
about 10 miles and not a problem at all....
got the truss rod bracket carved out of this and mounted now.....
zepaftershakedown001.jpg

badge painted,cleaned up and mounted(still need to color sand the brass to even it out some)...
stripesandzepscallops007.jpg

and here she is in rideable form(seat was stolen from my elgin since i didnt have time to finish the seat frame)....
zepaftershakedown002.jpg

and heres what i still need to make(this ones on loan from olschbp for reference)....
zepaftershakedown006.jpg

zepaftershakedown005.jpg

That thing LOOKS so "sleek"...........You make em look FAST, just sitting there!.......You're not walking on that concrete floor barefoot, are ya?.........I got boots if you need them.

Wow, that looks great.

I have the same frame for my build-off bike. Would you mind showing me where your frame was cracked and what you did to repair it?

Thanks,
Dan

Danimal said:
Wow, that looks great.

I have the same frame for my build-off bike. Would you mind showing me where your frame was cracked and what you did to repair it?

Thanks,
Dan
not a problem.....
pinsandzep001.jpg

where the glaze is(the blue) was where the brass was cracking..i just melted it out with a torch,then just welded it after it was cleaned(the glaze was to cover some of the deeper grinder marks and hadnt been sanded at that point)

Latest posts

Back