sister topic for 'Most overdone trend?'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
side cars will never go out of fashion.
they just ooze coolness
BurrittoWithSidecar.jpg

Old-school tanks and springers.

Thanks to these threads I am repainting my Schwinn concoction flat black with red rims as we speak. I wasn't happy with it the first time around. Ugly. Gonna have some red and white Phantom scallops too.
PhantomJaguar.jpg

dogdart said:
flat black w/ red wheels & whitewalls :!:
:x :lol: not even gonna say it, y'all know. not gonna hate on whatcha like. to each his own.
for what i think will never go out(not all of this one machine tho) is flat black, gold paint, black wheels with whitewalls, whitewalls, pinstriping, metalflake, straightbars, and bmx people paying too dang much for their parts/bikes. :roll:

GreatWhite00 said:
BMX platform pedals.

On everything...
AMEN! How about RIDING our bikes? I hope building with old, and sometimes re-purposed, parts never goes out of style. When I see a part that was never meant to be on a bike, and it just flat-out WORKS, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

gowjobs said:
GreatWhite00 said:
BMX platform pedals.

On everything...
AMEN! How about RIDING our bikes? I hope building with old, and sometimes re-purposed, parts never goes out of style. When I see a part that was never meant to be on a bike, and it just flat-out WORKS, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

I also love seeing things never meant for a bike used in that way, I built my rat rod bootlegger bike on that basis.

gowjobs said:

RIDING... yes, ridng on beautiful days and nights, especially with others on cool bikes is always a good time.

I agree using non-bike materials on bikes allows the builder to get creative/inventive giving the bike a one of a kind attitude. I think most of us like owning things that nobody else in the world owns. I don't understand why people take pride in owning something that thousands of other people have just the same. Mass produced factory stock anything is kinda boring, you seen one you seen them all. Unique will never go out of style.

Many of the styles suggested on the other thread, as been done too much , have been done alot, and maybe has run its course for now to us. But to the other billions of people in the world it is different. Even the trend we now call ratrod has been around for a long time, so continue to build using flipped bars and black, red and whitewalls, its still unique to most of the world.

Just build it the way YOU like it. Ride it, and watch the smiles your creation causes.

the bobber, boardtrack, cafe style. i love that look and i am short enough and still flexible enough to ride em. my other love is pinstriping wow what a surprise :roll:

gowjobs said:
GreatWhite00 said:
BMX platform pedals.

On everything...

I'm guilty of using them (BMX pedals) on my normal rider, a Gary Fisher Joshua X, but only because I accidentally bought them for my BMX which has a 1 pc. crank (I forgot).

Overdone, but I kind of like the 29er phase. It gives me more of a chance at some second hand 24s.

frames made with curved tubes.
big tires
bells
riding for the fun of it
building it yourself :D

Back